AFFORDABLE LUXURY MANY ONLY DREAM OF…
The experience, surprising people on price, value, and quality
SERVING CUSTOMERS AROUND THE WORLD
SERVING CUSTOMERS AROUND THE WORLD
Ottery Travel Worldchoice (The travel department of FunEvents.com) are registered independent travel and cruise specialists based in Ottery St Mary. Travel is personal and we believe that every customer needs to enjoy every part of their holiday including the booking process.
This process starts with a customer discussing their trip on a one 2 one basis with their personal travel professional. During discussions, we evaluate what key ingredients are important to a customer. Having access to a huge source of international suppliers, venues and tour operators make our task easy. From boutique luxury hide-aways within rain forest locations to short breaks less than 2 hours flying time away. Our focus is always on providing every customer with a tailor-made experience with exceptional value for money.
Our philosophy is to be able to provide every potential customer with unbiased and impartial advice which they may take away and digest at leisure. service ethics to helping customers book travel using modern technology available.
On every package booking confirmed we issue the customer an ATOL certificate. This ensures that his, her or their package booked is safeguarded in the event of failure of either an airline, hotel or car hire company being used whilst away. All our holidays are protected by an ATOL certificate.
Ottery Travel (Fun Events Corporate Services Limited) provides 100% financial security on any monies held prior to departure. So you as customers have nothing to worry about.
If you want to experience the VR TRAVEL CONSOL, Give us 5 minutes and we’ll take you around the world… PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THIS SERVICE
Ottery Travel is now able to offer customers a Virtual Experience for some of worlds locations. We are always looking at increasing our locations portfolio. For example, the beauty of Iceland or Maldives etc…. Come an see why this place will take your breath away. We don’t believe that any other travel company is currently offering this service. (Jan 2019).
Our opening times are Mon- Fri 09.30am till 16.00pm & Sat 09.30am till 15.00pm
We have been asked whether our retail shop could be open earlier or later in the day.
Addressing this issue, and subject to staff having been given 24 hours notice, the shop business hours may be extended. A request for an out-of-hours appointment needs to be made.
The shop will close: 7 pm
WHO OR WHAT IS WORLDCHOICE – UK’s largest national travel consortium for independent travel agents with over 800 members throughout the United Kingdom. The Worldchoice membership allows Ottery Travel to achieve a better buying power which in turn means that all our customers get better value from their holiday…
For information on additional offers, there are direct “LINKS” at the top of the page. Simply click on “Head Office Offers”
Get more …at Ottery Travel, Airport transfers, local excursions, car rental, travel insurance, issuing of boarding passes, pre-paid airport parking and also things like attraction tickets and gift experience vouchers for those looking for just fun-based activities. We can also help you with National Express Bus and UK & European Rail Ticketing.
Turning a MINUS into a positive – SEE BEYOND THE GLOSSY ADVERTISING – In order for many travel operators to be able to compete online for business, many have needed to alter packages discreetly by adding restrictions on to their quality and value. Having your private transfers being replaced with shared transfers. For example; what are the chances that your hotel is the last drop point on arrival and the first collection point on departure!
What’s making us the talk of the town…
(1) No additional charging for boarding pass print-outs prior to departure…
(2) Did you know that over 50% of travel-related sales within the UK Travel Industry are unregulated and many travellers now prefer to get holiday protection and unbiased advice without the frilly marketing mumbo jumbo?
(3) One customer that actually lost his passport whilst on holiday turned to us for help. as we kept a full record of their holiday including their passport details. So when replacements were needed whilst customers were abroad, we were there to help. One statement that has emerged since the internet explosion is that: Good advice & support are priceless… “We believe that without a travel agent, many people are on their own !” A great holiday deal need not result in compromising on quality and value.
Here’s why more and more are turning to Independent Travel Agents
1. Trust We know what goes into creating the perfect holiday, it’s also about location. Its what we have been trained to do for all customers. We are often told that a 30-minute experience in front of an internet screen searching for holidays has left many to be totally confused.
2. Saving time Did you know that over 20% of travelers that challenge to book online actually put on average over 5 hours into planning? With that statistic, I find myself thinking, what if they got the full holiday experience they wanted? For many time is money and wasting 5 hours seems a little harsh for what it actually saves you. We all have busy lives; so why not leave it up to the specialists to plan your holiday and this way you get to enjoy your free time.
3. Expertise and first-hand knowledge I understand that it’s fun to look at all the vacation options at first, then reality may sink in that you have never been to that certain resort nor have you ever heard of it before. Our travel team has all had the opportunity to travel through the year learning first hand about various destinations and resorts as well as attending various training and visiting trade shows. Isn’t it a better feeling when you can hear about a resort or location from a good travel professional and about their first-hand experiences.
4. Real person Often there are times when calling the mass travel websites, you’ll get an automated answering system that’s only too eager to charge £1.00 per minute for holding on or getting passed from person to person who you will never know. (Remember who’s paying the bill). We are all human, and know what it feels to finally get through, better still, a real person that is with you throughout your travel booking journey that listens to your needs, even face to face and then hands you a free quotation based purely on your specific needs. The value of visiting a travel specialist is that they aim to make your visit feel important and that you’re not just another someone. Also, if you should have any problems with your travels either prior to departure or when you return, then it’s all the more reassuring to know the person you have been dealing with from the start.
5. Travel Agents think of the whole package Before offering you a recommendation on any particular resort, a “good” travel agent will ask you questions that often relate to what you like and dislike from a holiday. Knowing many of the resorts and locations around the world, he or she will start to think about how to make your trip more travel-friendly rather than becoming a task.
Many good travel agents are trained to design bespoke fun travel experiences – Its what we do… ….from the moment you call to discuss your holiday, for most of us, this is so important and it’s what makes it not just a transaction but the start of packaging an experience. These key points of interaction are where you build relationships and trust. It will make you proud to have a personal travel agent that’s on your side. Remember: it’s not just about getting the plane tickets.
6. Saving you money Many travel agents seldom charge a fee for any research and confirming your itinerary. The knowledge acquired by many travel professionals over several years is there to help you plan the perfect holiday.
YES ITS FREE… What a bonus. If you’re thinking about a holiday, then consider using us at Ottery Travel — We’re one agency that loves helping people plan and make the most from their experience.
Whether you are a sports group or a corporate organisation, we are happy to offer quotes on packaging your travel itinerary in full. This often means from coach transfers, airline ticketing, meet & greet, Conference planning requirements, overseas transfers, accommodation needs, social activities, gala dinner arrangements, and even gifts.
All ground arrangements overseas are handled professionally via our travel management company. We are here to care about every aspect of your journey experience. Being part of an established events company allows both great pricing, quality, and value.
Don’t hesitate to ask our travel team for a quote today.
Conference Planning, Exhibitions, Meetings, AGM’s, Corporate Jollies, Incentives, Overseas Sporting Events and lots more…
There is an old thought that says that you ONLY GET what you pay for! Please understand that planning a wedding with large numbers of guests is never going to be a cheap event.
Many High Street travel brands will offer you basic packages whereby should you manage to confirm a set number of guests within a reservation, that your wedding packages would become free. Being a company that promotes quality and value, our work practices are based on results rather than low budget presentations.
Ottery Travel has been recognised by the CRUISE LINES INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION as having in-depth knowledge on cruise bookings. Their skill and resources enable them to make recommendations suited for customer comfort.
STATUS: CRUISE AMBASSADOR
If you are considering a cruise whether it’s a river or ocean, the staff at Ottery Travel are here to help you plan your complete journey. Home transfers can also be arranged to suit your needs.
Benefits of booking via a professional travel agent.
Should a customer be booking a family room on a cruise where two adjoining rooms are paramount, our office can book the two adjoining rooms simultaneously as a single booking. Sadly, with any On-line bookings, each room needs to be booked separately. What no customer wants is to discover that by booking online, the second adjoining cabin has just been sold only because someone had just taken it. This really does happen.
Complete the form for any additional information required.
Sports events are popular activities around the world. We make buying sports tickets easy whether is stand-alone tickets or part of a complete travel package designed through our travel department. It is possible to buy tickets for almost any event available. Click on our link
If it’s about choice… our office probably has more holiday brochures in store than any other travel shop within the SW of England… This is great when you know who you are looking for!
So, if there is any holiday you’ve seen on television or heard about on the radio, we probably have their brochure and maybe even beat a like for like quote in the store.
They say that you can not have too much of a good thing… In our experience, giving so much choice just confuses people, especially when searching for that perfect holiday.
When you see special offers on tour operator marketing whether its TV and via radio broadcast, they will always say that their holidays are “FROM” etc, thesis because most brochure prices display flights from London and Manchester. Flying out from a regional airport will certainly be an unexpected add-on.
The above is an example of why we prefer people to come and visit our shop, call or complete the online form found on this page. Did you know that similar to some accommodation providers saying that you could buy cheaper when you use their search engine likewise, many tour operators offer the same packages where the only thing different is the price it’s being sold at.
This is an easy answer, and it’s because we can take a standard tour operator package, and tell you should another supplier be offering the same at a reduced cost. We can also tailor-make a package that is designed just for you. Besides, no one likes to wear a ready-made suit, why should a customer need to treat their holidays in the same manner.
What you may not currently know is that any good independent travel professionals can dissect any holiday package and reassemble it to suit the holidaymaker.
All packaged under the security of an ATOL certificate. Your final agenda being a quality holiday that has been tailored around you. No two people ever have a similar personality so why follow the masses when considering regular holiday when we can design something unique, and around your needs. So the question you’ll need to be asking is… what’s stopping you discovering that competitive edge!
If you’re thinking about either a holiday, cruise, flight or even a get-away by rail, don’t be a stranger, we are looking forward to seeing you. Hear what various tour operators are saying about Ottery Travel on YouTube…
A door to door service? Whatever next… Ever heard of a travel agent offering a door to door ticket delivery service before? All customers of Ottery Travel that live within a 5-mile radius of our office can now have their travel documents personally delivered without charge directly to their door. The service is available to all our customers that may be unable for one reason or another, to re-visit our shop. This is an example of one of the ways in which we are able to bring a professional service direct to local customers. This also applies to travel paid for online.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
ATOL PROTECTION All of our flight related holiday packages are fully bonded under an ATOL licence. An ATOL certificate will always be given to you alongside your travel documents. Please keep this certificate with your travel documents
Our role is to help you find the perfect retreat with “peace of mind searching facility”. We are fully bonded members and CLIA accredited operator. All your flight related travel packages will be ATOL protected.
WE OFFER AN IMPARTIAL AND UNBIASED TAILOR MADE SERVICE THAT HELPS YOU PLAN EVERY PART OF A HOLIDAY. BASED ON BUDGET AND NEEDS, WE RECOMMEND UNIQUE EXPERIENCES THAT HELP CREATE LASTING JOYOUS MEMORIES.