TOP REASONS TO VISIT GREECE
1. Visit world famous historical landmarks dating thousands of years back in time. The Acropolis in Athens, the Ancient Oracle in Delphi, the Arch. site of Akrotiri in Santorini, site of Delos isle and the Knossos Palace in Crete are just a few…. Many Greek monuments are UNESCO heritage sites!!
2. To visit the idyllic, awarded, world class beaches and enjoy the sun and crystal clear waters. Out of a total 3650 blue flag beaches worldwide 379 are in Greece – more than 10 %.
3. Because Greece is the island empire – With over 200 habitable islands in the Aegean and Ionian Sea (more than 6000 in total!!!), you will certainly find one to your liking!! On the top of your list should of course be Santorini, recently voted as the best island destination in the world!!
4. Gastronomy: The Greeks know food! The world’s most exquisite Mediterranean flavours such as ouzo are before you. Amazing fresh fish, gyros, souvlaki, Greek salad, feta cheese, kalamata olives, bread with olive oil, meze, tzatziki, saganaki, spanakopita, mousaka, dolmades, and of course great wine and ouzo!!
5. Greek Filoxenia! A Greek word meaning hospitality and welcoming strangers! For which Greeks are renowned for!
6. Because of its great climate. Perfect climate conditions allow every visitor to enjoy every season across the country. Greece delivers the ideal climate that offers everyone the opportunity to enjoy memorable holidays with a wide range of activities.
7. Partying all night is another reason to visit Greece. Indeed, Greece is well-known for its vibrant nightlife, not only in its capital city, Athens, but also in many islands such as Mykonos, Crete, Skiathos etc
8. Easily accessible by all means from every corner of the earth and affordable!!
UNIQUE IDEAS FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT IN GREECE
1. A helicopter whisking you off to a mystery dinner on a fabled Greek Isle… Max 5 guests per helicopter
2. A street party in the heart of Athens and underneath the Acropolis… Min 100 – Max 500 pax
3. A beach party on a famous bay… No maximum participation as this depends on the capacity of the selected venue / beach and not the theme party itself. Naturally, there are many options available.
4. An Ancient Greek theme party. No maximum participation as this depends on the capacity of the selected venue and not the theme party itself.
5. A Greek cooking session – 10 – 15 pax per team maximum. Teams can be running simultaneously or one after the other.
6. A bike gastronomy tour in Plaka – the old district of Athens at the footsteps of the Acropolis. 10 – 15 pax per team maximum. Teams can be running simultaneously or one after the other.
7. A wine / ouzo / olive – olive oil / cheese tasting in traditional wineries, distilleries, olive presses, creameries and farms all over Greece. There is no standard maximum participation as this depends on the capacity of the venue the tasting will be held at and there are many options available.
8. A private cruise to an active volcano with lunch on board. 20 – 100 pax
9. A private cruise to an isolated island with dinner at a traditional captain’s house. 20 – 80 pax
10. The revival of the Olympic games in the Panathenaic Stadium of Athens, the only marble stadium in the world that hosted the first modern Olympics in 1896. 50 – 200 pax
11. Experience a modern Odyssey. Build your own raft from scratch and sail away! 50 – 150 pax
12. Live the labors of Hercules. Face the Herculean challenges, overcome the problems, find the answers and win. 50 – 150 pax
WHEN: August (Full Moon) WHERE: Athens BEST FOR: Culture, Music, Folk Dancing
EPIDAURUS FESTIVAL OF GREEK DRAMA
WHEN: (Friday Nights), June, July & August WHERE: Epidaurus BEST FOR: Greek Plays Acoustic Experience
FESTIVAL OF THE PANAGIA
WHEN: 15 August WHERE: Tinos BEST FOR: Religious Pageantry
GREEK EASTER IN CORFU TOWN
WHEN: Orthodox Easter WHERE: Corfu Town BEST FOR: Religious & Cultural
NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON
WHEN: (Full Moon) August WHERE: Athens BEST FOR: Music, Culture
WHEN: 17 January (Until the last weekend before Lent) WHERE: Patras BEST FOR: Carnival
SKYROS GOAT DANCE
WHEN: February (Last weekend before the start of Lent) WHERE: The Island of Skyros BEST FOR: Folk Art, Costumes, Dancing
WHEN: 20th – 21st May WHERE: Langhadas, North of Thessaloniki BEST FOR: Folklore and Traditions
WHEN: Closest Saturday to 21st June WHERE: The Island of Hydra BEST FOR: Firework Display