New Hotel Openings in Vienna
Hotel Intercontinental in the third district is finally scheduled to get underway in 2020 and scheduled to be complete by 31.12.2021
Hilton Vienna – Austria’s largest conference hotel is growing even further under renovation! 660 rooms upon completion (Summer 2020).
Austria’s climate is moderate and generally pleasant, with warm summers and cold winters (temperatures largely depend on altitudes). From June to September, you can expect sunshine and low rainfall; and from November to March the weather is much colder and usually ideal for winter sports. The four seasons all have typical temperatures and climatic characters.
Due to the graphical diversity of Austria and the relatively large West-East expanse, there are three differentiating climatic regions:
1. East: Pannonian climate with hot summers but only moderately cold winters (e.g. Vienna)
2. Alpine Regions: Alpine climate with short summers and long winters (e.g. Salzburg and Tyrol)
3. Remainder of the Country: Transient climate influenced by the Atlantic (in the West) and a continental influence in the South-East.
Austria’s three major airports in Vienna, Salzburg and Innsbruck ensure the country is well connected both nationally and internationally.
Thanks to its favourable position right in the centre of Europe, Vienna International is an incredibly busy airport, and highly important for a number of European destinations, including the UK. It is also seeing an increased demand for flights to destinations in Asia and the Middle East and has in recent years enjoyed a healthy expansion in the number of low-cost carrier flights it offers.
UNIQUE IDEAS FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT IN AUSTRIA
1. “Gourmet Tour off the beaten track” through the historical inner city, including various tasting opportunities – “Exclusive Gourmet Tour visiting venues that a tourist would not have known about. 20 pax per 1 group but the tour can be organised in several groups at 20 persons each group.
2. “Pastry workshops” or cookery competitions. Maximum 30 pax per workshop.
3. Tour through the Chocolate museum, with chocolate tasting and visit to the museum shop. 150 pax.
4. Special themed walking tours, such as “In the footsteps of the Third Man”, “Vienna’s Underground”, Music & Dance”, “Architecture” etc. 20 pax per 1 group, the tour can be organised in several groups at 20 persons each group.
5. Waltz lessons at the famous Elmayer” Dance School. 80 pax
6. Art workshops at a number of museums. 50 pax
7. Segway (60 pax), Old Timer Rally (30 pax) Interactive Photo Safari – 200 pax
8. Old timer tram and horse drawn carriage rides to gala dinner venues in a historical palace or museum. In the evenings horse drawn carriages can be organised from the hotels for an evening transfer to the gala dinner venues (Museum, Palaces). 4 trams and 3 carriages available (1 carriage = 24 seats x 12 carriages = 288 seats).
9. Private reception in the rooms of the Spanish Riding School in combination with a visit to watch the Lipizzaner Horses. 150 pax in 3 adjacent rooms
10. Adventure tours through Vienna’s Prater amusement park, with a backstage glimpse of some great attractions.
TOP REASONS TO VISIT AUSTRIA
* Vienna is the world capital of music and culture
* Vienna is a city with an impressive imperial heritage
* Vienna maintains a balance between urban and green areas in a way that no other metropolis does
* Vienna enjoys a reputation of being one of the safest & cleanest cities in the Europe.
* Vienna is the top city for worldwide conventions & corporate events.
* Vienna – a city located in the heart of Europe, accessible by plane or train from all over the world.
* Vienna, a world-class meeting destination – Compact, green and easily accessible.
Number 1 – Mercer Quality of Living 2019
Number 2 – ICCA International Meetings 2018
Number 1 EIU Liveability Index 2018
Number 1 Smart City Index 2019
We’re also the perfect agency for Kitzbühel – providing “extraordinary experiences”. Tailor-made winter or summer events with all types of branding available.
WHEN: End of June WHERE: Donauinsel, Vienna BEST FOR: Danube Island Festival
HAHNENKAMM RACE WEEKEND
WHEN: January WHERE: Kitzbuhel BEST FOR: Ski Event
LANGE NACHT DER MUSIK
WHEN: June WHERE: Vienna BEST FOR: Late Evening Music Event
WHEN: July / August WHERE: Vienna BEST FOR: Modern Cutting Edge Modern Dance
NEW YEAR’S DAY CONCERT
WHEN: 1st January WHERE: Vienna BEST FOR: Sounds of Strausse
WHEN: July / August WHERE: Salzburg BEST FOR: Classical Experience
VIENNA LIFE BALL
WHEN: May WHERE: Vienna BEST FOR: Glittering Social Occasion