RECOMMEND A FRIEND TO ENJOY, A FUN DAY OUT
WHEN WE CONTINUE OPERATION
Travel Policy – ON HOLD
Due to lockdown 3.0, Our office has decided to hold back until lockdown has ended.
If you contract COVID-19 up to 5 days before you’re due to travel, or you have been told to self-isolate, you will also be able to move your booking to another tour or date for free*.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Being of a certain age and not being able to exercise to maintain body muscle mass is similar to loosing the art of communication with strangers during complete isolation. DON’T USE IT – YOU’LL LOSE IT – WE ALL NEED TO BE SOCIAL
NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING PERMITTED ON BOARD OUR TOURS
RULE OF 6
Rule of 6 will be observed by every passenger whilst onboard our coach travel. Responsibility for Rule of 6 once a traveller has disembarked the vehicle will rest on the individual. We urge that individuals once departed from our coach trip remain in their established groups and ensure that total numbers do not exceed 6 people.
TRACK AND TRACE
* The registration process we have adopted allows for automatic track and trace to be part of the booking process.
Businesses and venues
All businesses and venues should follow COVID-secure guidelines to protect customers, visitors and workers.
Restrictions on businesses and venues in Tier 3 areas include:
Retail businesses, including markets, may remain open in Tiers 1-3 except for non-self-contained shops that are based inside closed premises and cannot be accessed directly from the street.
Door-to-door sales should not be taking place, and sales activities should be conducted remotely (such as by phone, online, or mail).
Markets may open, however where there are larger events with activities such as funfairs, local authorities may choose to prevent these from going ahead if they are concerned about the safety practices or transmission risk.
Betting shops may remain open, but should implement additional mitigations set out in separate guidance.
- tour groups must operate in line with social contact rules. This means that larger tours where different households or support bubbles (or groups of more than 6 if outdoors) interact will not be feasible
See full guidance on which businesses and venues are permitted to be open under each local restriction tier.
OUR SCREENING FOR PURPOSES OF HEALTH & SAFETY WORK WELL WHEN EVERYONE IS COMMITTED TO PROMOTING SAFE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND WEARING OF MASKS WITH NO BUBBLE EXCEEDING SIX
TOUCH THE ABOVE IMAGE
HELPING CHARITIES AND ASSOCIATIONS WHEN IT MATTERS
As an organisation, we are proud to work alongside charities and associations where subsidised travel packages are awarded. The level of subsidy is subject to grants receivable from local authorities. These can range from 100% to 5% dependent on the level of grants provided.
ARE YOU ON BENEFIT OR NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
We are a private company that operates health and wellness day trip excursion packages for those living alone, looking for a break from isolation sickness.
The first thing we would suggest is talk to your local CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU and see whether they can offer advice on any funding available through any local charities within your area.
The above notice was put on this site after a retired individual felt that the cost of £54 for a complete day out may be too expensive.
SEARCH TERM: COACH TRIPS | THINGS TO DO
Offical update to whether coach tours can go ahead.
“If it is possible to ensure that groups of more than six do not mingle on a tour, coach tours of over six people on the coach can go ahead. People must stay in their groups of up to six (or larger if they are from one household) on all parts of the tour – for example whilst in hospitality settings and when visiting attractions as well as whilst on the coach.”
HEALTH & SAFETY
* Our day scenic mystery tour excursions are an excuse to get out and enjoy fresh air in the company of strangers using safe covid protocols. This decision was made to help restrict any type of cross border infections.
Passenger collection points:
Within DEVON (Area providing the greatest interest) – Exeter etc
* There is no mandatory requirement for face masks on private hire, when the coach is booked on a dry hire basis. However, in circumstances where different families, groups and individuals occupy a shared vehicle it is mandatory that face masks be worn, especially when talking to strangers on board. There will also be regular comfort breaks that allow passengers to stretch their legs.
* When boarding the coach, passengers will be given their thin rubber gloves. This helps prevent them touching other seating whilst moving up or down the isle of the coach.
* Our social distancing allows for a maximum 29 seat occupancy plus the host which totals 30 people onboard a 53 seater vehicle.
* In the event of several pick-up points, travellers will need to start filling up the rear of the coach first, as this helps to minimise close contact.
* Seating arrangements first row behind driver to be left clear unless vehicle fitted with a protective screen (We have 2 private hire vehicles already fitted). The remaining passenger seats to 1m+ so window seats and any family members or carers will be able to sit together.
* There will be no mixing of any persons outside those registered on the passenger manifest / track and trace sheet. A copy of everyone onboard is sent to the coach operator.
ONLY WHEN RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED
(2) 2 DAY SHORT BREAKS – From Staycation Events to Full European Travel Programs
(3) 7, 10 and 14 day Group Tour Packages including Cruises available through our travel dept.
We minimise exposure with general public outside the tour bubble.
Q. As people move through the isle, it is expected that they will be touching every seat by default and leaving imprints on the seats?
A. We will address this question in two parts
- (1) Prior to boarding the coach, everyone will be provided a set of blue surgical gloves which they are expected to wear everytime they travel along the isle of the coach
- (2) The inside of the coach is given a coating of ‘Biocide’ as an Aqueous coating. This remans active for upto seven days.The acqueous coating is hard wearing and creates a clear coat of active biocide which can only be removed by cleaning with a strong bleach, disinfectant or simply worn away. (Similar to an active coating of clear varnish). If 1000’s of people rub the hand rail in the same spot continuiously then that area coating, at some point will be worn away (just as varnish would be). If no one rubbed their hand on the rail, it would stay active for over 30 days.PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERY COACH LEAVING THE DARTLINE GARAGE IS RE-SANITISED SUBJECT TO USAGE – DAILY & WEEKLY SLOTS.
A feeling of worry, nervousness or unease
The problem is that the MEDIA may have gone over board with the Crona Virus campaign is that it has caused many to fully issolate and feel an increase in their aniexty levels. People need to communicate more than Zoom or Skype. Companionship is a paramount is any human sanity. The coach trips we organise are managed using COVID protocol. Every effort is made ensuring that passengers remain in their bubble.
GROUP BOOKINGS & DIRECT COACH HIRE
You Decide The Event – We’ll Provide The Logistics
NEW – DIRECT WEBSITE FOR THIS PAGE
THE PERFECT SOLUTION FOR LOCKDOWN LONELINESS
Current Flyers Distribution Points
Pearson’s Newsagents | The Computer Shop | Fillfull | Samosa Lady | Roberts | Otter Furniture | Lovells Garage | Seasons Tea Rooms | The Bay Tree Cafe | County Cobblers | The Silver Otter | Kirsten’s Curiosities | Rusty Pig | Rosey’s Chippy | McColls – Post Offices in Ottery & Westhill
Childrens Hospice | Jollybees Kitchen | Creature Comforts | Gentie & Bertie | Local Library
Additional coaches will be added
In situations where the demand outstrips 30 people, we will endevour to add additional coaches where neccessary. The second vehicle may have a different routing to prevent any socialising during any provided comfort breaks. All content forthwith is subject to availability .
MAX 30 PEOPLE IN TOTAL INC HOST & DRIVER
OVER 30’s – 60’s TOURS
We currently offer just scenic tours. If you like the idea of leaving their car at home and joining a mixed social group that may also include those that qualify to be single to mingle. The aim is to allow individuals to enjoy a day out, enjoying local scenery whilst increasing their circle of friends. When what REALLY connects us is OLD SCHOOL communication
SENIOR CITIZEN INFORMATION
If you are retired, then why not ask about our discounted senior citizen tours. These are can often be supported by various grants made by individuals to charities, local government and associations. Please note that we book 53 seater vehicles that do not have any special provisions for those with special needs.
We are able to offer a;; our senior citizen a standard 5% discount of the full price.
The following only applies to two key groups. The 30’s – 60’s and the senior citizen group. We are always coming up with fun ideas for those on-board. Currently, we are offering our on-board travellers an opportunity to enjoy our BINGO sessions.
The Buiness Club format is based on providing a coach microphone to individuals that wish to say a few things about their business to a closed group of other business people that are sharing the same journey.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
£54.00 per person
COST BASED ON
RETURN TRAVEL INCLUDING COMFORT BREAK, COACH HIRE, DRIVER, HOST & SNACK BOX & ENTERTAINMENT BEING PROVIDED
10.30 – 15.30
NO REGISTRATION OR MEMBERSHIP COSTS
INDIVIDUAL HEAT CHECK UPON BOARDING
10.30 – 11.30 APPROX BOARDING TIME
11.30 – TOUR DEPARURE TIME
13.00 – 14.30 – ARRIVAL TIME AT REST POINT
(SNACK BOX** PROVIDED) + FREE TIME
14.30 – START RTN TRIP HOME
15.30 – APPROX RETURN TIME TO PICK UP POINT
Useful tool for anyone keen on hosting a group event